North Huntingdon Township, like most of the regional economy began a shift from traditional heavy manufacturing to technology and services beginning in the mid to late 1980s. Over the past few decades, North Huntingdon completed this transformation and experienced strong upward growth and job creation. The Township includes a variety of industrial, office and commercial properties for continued growth and development. The Township has commenced a development initiative to help guide development and provide ambassador type services to existing and potential future investors to foster continued growth and development in the Township.
- Economic Growth Connection of Westmoreland: Nonprofit economic development corporation
- Westmoreland Development Council: Public/private partnership to coordinate economic development efforts
North Huntingdon Township can assist you with a variety of business financing programs. Working with the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (PADCED), the Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission (SPC), Westmoreland County, and other regional organizations we can assist in directing you to potential financing programs.
- SPC Business Finance Assistance Program (PDF): Helps businesses finance their startup and expansions
- SPC Economic Development Administration (PDF): Low interest loans to businesses for capital development projects
- Appalachian Regional Commission (PDF): Fosters job creation through low interest loans to businesses
- PADCED Center for Business Financing (PDF): Financing solutions for creating or retaining jobs
- PADCED Funding Programs: Loans, Loan Guarantees, Tax Credits, and Grants