Noise Complaints & Fireworks
We permit the use of consumer fireworks as defined and regulated in Act 43 of 2017 available to the general public during the following hours:
- Sunday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. through 9:00 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday from 4:00 p.m. through 10:00 p.m.
During the following dates the use of these consumer fireworks is extended to the listed time:
- July 3rd, 4th, and 5th from 4:00 p.m. through 11:00 p.m.
- December 31st from 4:00 p.m. through 11:59 p.m.
- January 1st from 12:00 a.m. through 12:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. through 11:00 p.m.
It shall be unlawful for any person to make, produce or cause any disturbing, offensive, loud noise or sound by their own conduct or action or by their operation of any radio, tv, speakers or similar devices, operation of any piece of equipment, machinery, vehicle or other noise or sound-making device or instrument of such a high volume or of such a nature, between the following times:
- Sunday through Thursday from 10:00 p.m. through 7:00 a.m.
- Friday and Saturday from 11:00 p.m. through 7:00 a.m.
- Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day from 11:00 p.m. through 7:00 a.m.
Animal noise needs to be kept under control throughout the 24 hour day. Allowing or knowingly permitting an animal to make frequent or long continued sounds for more than 15 minutes during any 30 minute period shall be deemed to be an annoying sound and a noise complaint can be filed.
- Monday through Friday between 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 9:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m.