Building Inspections & Permits
We enforce the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code (UCC) as amended. See our Adoption of the Uniform Construction Code Ordinance for more information.
- Commercial Building Permit Application*
- Commercial Occupancy Permit Application*
- Demolition Permit Application
- Home Occupation Permit Application*
- Residential Building Permit Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Swimming Pool Permit Application
- Transient Permit Application*
- Zoning Permit Application
*You may need to fill out a Business Registration Form with the Tax Office.
After your application is processed, certain inspections will need done along the way. Our Building Inspector will walk you through the process and can answer questions along the way. The following are some of the inspections that may be involved with your application and are done by our certified building inspectors:
- Plumbing (Outside lateral sewers are inspected by NHTMA)
An electrical inspection may also be required and will need to be completed by a third party certified electrical inspector at the applicant's expense.
- Does a carport require a permit?
- What size deck can I build without a permit?
- Do home occupations require a permit?
- How long does it take to have a permit reviewed?
- When do I pay for my permit?
- When is a permit required?
- When is a permit not required?
- Does a retaining wall require a permit?
- Does a shed require a permit?
- Does a setback require a permit?
- Does a sign require a permit?
- Does a swimming pool require a permit?
- What are the guidelines for fences?
- What guidelines should be followed for driveways?
- What are the restrictions for corner lots?
- Where can I find more information on Grading, Excavations, and Filing?